At Kmart, we are where families come first for the lowest prices on everyday items and our vision is to make everyday living brighter for all our customers, every time and everywhere they shop with us.
As Australia’s brightest retail star, we have experienced strong success in recent times and with plans to significantly expand our business and deliver our vision through new store openings, growth of our online business and expansion into new markets, it’s an exciting time to be part of Kmart.
Critical to our operations and growth is the role of National HR Operations Manager. Reporting to the General Manager of HR this position holds strategic and operational HR accountability for all our stores, distribution centres (DC’s) and our central operations team members across Australia and New Zealand.
Based in Kmart Head Office, Melbourne, this exceptional opportunity is now available for a senior, transformational HR leader who excels at driving business change and developing a HR framework and people system that focuses on a creating a high-performance culture, delivering high quality talent acquisition and management outcomes, an emphasis on leadership development whilst delivering operational HR requirements and services.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Develop and implement the stores and DC’s national HR strategy and drive change programs,
- Work closely with the Employee Relations function and utilising your strong experience in IR/ER, oversee workplace relations strategy execution across our Stores and DC’s.
- Participate in and facilitate the successful implementation of Enterprise Bargaining Agreement outcomes
- Develop and drive the stores and DC’s national workforce / recruitment planning and talent management to ensure effective talent attraction and pipelines whilst coaching line managers around talent selection and succession while collaborating with Talent and Recruitment SME teams
- Facilitate performance improvement strategies across stores and DC’s through organisational design, implementing performance management frameworks, establishing and communicating expectations, and supporting managers deliver performance management processes
- Lead and develop a team of HR professionals across Australia and New Zealand. operations team.
- Develop and execute a cultural development and change program in line with the Kmart strategy and values to improve and sustain high levels of team engagement and performance.
- Collaborate with the Learning & Development SME team to drive continuous improvement in line manager capability and leadership development.
- Embrace, support and deliver Kmart’s Diversity and Inclusion strategy and programs ensuring adoption across stores and DC’s
As a seasoned and highly knowledgeable HR practitioner, you will possess:
- Senior, generalist HR leadership experience in a large-scale award / EBA covered environment that is multi-geographical, multi-site, high volume and fast paced
- Demonstrable capability developing and executing HR strategies and plans that are aligned to company vision and objectives and have experience in defining, developing and delivering complex people-system change programs
- You will be highly experienced in workplace relations and have exceptional knowledge in all aspects of HR services, talent management, performance management, change and project management
- Experience leading, developing and managing geographically remote teams.
- Demonstrate a high level of collaboration with a track record of partnering closely with your peers and senior stakeholders.
- The ability to travel extensively, often at short notice across Australia and New Zealand.
As the National HR Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to contribute strongly to the overall direction and achievements of Kmart. You will be joining a dynamic business with a clear strategy, vision and purpose and be part of a HR Leadership team who are committed to the successful delivery of our people plan.
Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic business with an empowering culture that is non-hierarchical, flexible, diverse and inclusive. Your work environment will be highly collaborative, fast-paced, and progressive.
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, competitive remuneration, an uncapped bonus scheme and access to Wesfarmers employee share plan and benefits program.
To apply please complete the online application form and upload your resume. Please note, this role is being readvertised, applicants who have previously applied are not required to apply again.
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.