Project Architect - 24 month contract
Job no: 501695
Work type: Fixed Term Full-time
Location: VIC Metro
Categories: Store Development
It's an exciting time at Kmart, we are currently Australia's most profitable retailer and we have some big plans in place that will ensure our business continues to grow and be hugely successful! We are currently transforming our digital channels with the aim of significantly increasing our online business, and we are expanding into new markets!
At Kmart Australia, we are all about being IRRESISTIBLE! Our products and prices are amazing and each day we do our outmost to exceed our customers' expectations… and a huge part of our success is attributed to our amazing team.
Reporting into the National Planning Manager, this newly created Project Architect role will see opportunity to develop and expand a team to deliver Refits, and retrofit works project in line with business expectations and Kmart strategy. You will also provide industry standard, high quality, concise and clear architectural documentation for refit stores, ensuring it complies with relevant codes and standards. Ultimately, this will enable the Store Implementation team to interpret design intent and be able to execute the construction work appropriately.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Project Architect will also include:
- Key stakeholder negotiation and management
- Ensure team delivers an accurate scope of works each refit, and retrofit on the programme
- Prepare project specific Architectural documentation
- Ensure delivery of consultant team reports meets agreed program and Kmart refit process.
- Pro-actively manage and co-ordinate efforts of external design stakeholders and address any queries
- Assess on key design risks and recommend mitigation plans.
- Work with Kmart quantity surveyors to establish most cost-effective design solutions
To be considered for the role of Project Architect you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Design and Architecture and you must be a Registered Architect.
- Auto-CAD and REVIT proficiency; competency with and photoshop or similar programs
- Tertiary qualifications in Design, Architecture or a related discipline as well as comprehensive knowledge of design and construction practices, building requirements and relevant building standards and codes
- Exceptional team management skills, including excellent leadership capabilities
- Previous retail experience (would be desirable)
This is a great opportunity to join Kmart during an exciting period of growth in a role focused on new and exciting store formats.
Being IRRESISTIBLE means we pride ourselves on being a values led organisation and believe that integrity, boldness, team work & customer service drives our success. Our culture is fun, positive, honest and professional. We treat each other equally, with respect and we like to keep things simple.
We operate at a fast pace, are highly results focussed and we all work collaboratively to ensure the continued success of our business and that we delight our customers every day! Our structure is non-hierarchical; our leaders are approachable and foster a culture that encourages innovation, creativity and autonomy.
We have a lot to offer our team members including great development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, an uncapped bonus scheme, free parking, benefits program and access to Wesfarmers share plan.
This exciting role will take your career to the next level and suit someone looking for a change from an architectural environment. So if you have the required experience and our culture sounds like the right fit for you – don't miss this great opportunity to join Australia's most profitable retailer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend