Job no: 501667
Work type: Fixed Term Full-time
Location: VIC Metro
Categories: Information Technology
It's an exciting time at Kmart! Currently Australia's most profitable retailer, we have some big plans in place to ensure our business continues to grow and be hugely successful! To facilitate this growth we are working on some exciting projects including transforming our digital channels with the aim of significantly increasing our online business, opening another 50 stores and expanding into new markets!
At Kmart Australia, we are all about being IRRESISTIBLE! Our products and prices are amazing and each day we do our utmost to exceed our customers' expectations… and a huge part of our success is attributed to our amazing IT team.
We currently have a need for Server Engineer to provide support and operation of Kmart's Server and Storage infrastructure from design through to implementation and system maintenance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring production environment is operating within all SLA's.
- Monitoring all production databases.
- Reviewing and organising latest service packs & upgrades.
- Develop and test disaster recovery plan.
- Trouble shoot availability/performance issues and perform remedial action.
- After hours support on a rotation basis.
- 2-3 years of designing, implementing and supporting:
- Dell servers
- VMWare environment
- Previous experience supporting Windows, RHEL Linux or both
- Demonstrated ability to leverage scripting languages such as Powershell.
- Sound understanding of service management systems (preferably Service Now).
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership.
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate requirements.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated awareness in applicable IT change and problem management processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem determination and resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience supporting RHEL or SLES Linux
In addition, any of the following will be highly regarded:
- Demonstrated ability to leverage scripting languages such as Python.
- Storage experience ie NetApp.
Being IRRESISTIBLE means we pride ourselves on being a values led organisation and believe that integrity, boldness, team work & customer service drives our success. Our culture is fun, positive, honest and professional. We treat each other equally, with respect and we like to keep things simple.
We operate at a fast pace, are highly results focussed and we all work collaboratively to ensure the continued success of our business and that we delight our customers every day! Our structure is non-hierarchical; our leaders are approachable and foster a culture that encourages innovation, creativity and autonomy.
We have a lot to offer our team members including great development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmer's Group, excellent remuneration, an uncapped bonus scheme, free parking, benefits program and access to Wesfarmer's share plan.
So if you have the required experience and our culture sounds like the right fit for you – don't miss this great opportunity to join Australia's most profitable retailer.
Phone screening and interviews will occur prior to the closing date of this advertisement.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies. Agencies - Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.
To apply please upload your current resume and complete the online application form.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend
Back to search results