Lean Support Manager, Stores and Supply Chain (2-years Fixed Term Contract)
Job no: 501665
Work type: Fixed Term Full-time
Location: VIC Metro
Categories: Supply Chain/Distribution Centres
- This business-critical role is accountable for supporting the LEAN implementation program across stores and supply chain.
- Responsibility for the education, coaching and guidance of LEAN concepts and tools across Kmart's end to end operations.
- Complement our already high calibre teams that operate throughout the business today
Kmart has a clear and simple strategy and we aim to make everyday living brighter for our customers. We have the lowest prices and we are the first choice discount department store for families in Australia no New Zealand.
While Kmart has experienced great success in recent times, we are driven to take the business to even greater heights and we have a very exciting journey ahead! We have big plans in place to ensure we deliver our vision and significantly expand our business. With another 50 new stores opening across Australia and New Zealand, the growth of our online business and expansion into new markets, we are on a mission to improve the Kmart shopping experience. There has never been a more irresistible time to join Kmart!
As we enter our new growth phase and, as part of our ‘One Simple Way of Working Program’, we are seeking an experienced LEAN practitioner to play a pivotal role in the design aspect of the end to end supply chain. Other key responsibilities include;
- Support our LEAN transformational programs - both currently underway and planned for the future
- Adaptation of Lean methodology to Kmart’s reality, including Daily Lean and new projects development
- Building and managing a team of Lean champions
- As an agent of change, influence a wide spectrum of stakeholder groups
To be successful in securing this role, you will ideally possess the following key skills and experience;
- Formal qualifications in Engineering, Business Administration or similar, with a focus in Lean, Kaizen or equivalent methodology
- Prior experience in Project Management, Process Re-engineering and Process Design, ideally within supply chain industries and/or consulting projects in retail, logistics/supply chain
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement Daily Kaizen/Lean principles in logistics / supply chain and multi site retail
- Demonstrated experience in designing, testing and implementing projects that increase productivity in large organisations
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will benefit from joining a dynamic team who are all committed to the success of Kmart. Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive. Your work environment will be highly collaborative, fast-paced and progressive.
You will have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, an attractive bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan, free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks.
Please note that phone screening and interviews commence from job posting and prior to the closing date of this advertisement.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
To apply please upload your current resume and complete the online application form.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Apply now Refer a friend
Back to search results