Job no: 501631
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Location: VIC Regional
Earlier this year, Wesfarmers Limited announced a restructure of its department store businesses which will enable Kmart and Target to maximise and share opportunities where appropriate while maintaining and growing these iconic Australian brands. Through this restructure, a new Department Store Division was created comprising of both Kmart Australia Ltd and Target Australia Ltd.
Target is committed to providing an interactive and fully connected approach to our customers, continuing to offer products with the style, quality and affordability our customers expect every day through our network of over 300 stores and rapidly growing online presence.
We’re successful through the amazing people we have working for us and we’re proud of our commitment in supporting local and overseas communities and charities.
Part of Wesfarmers, this is your chance to join a business that is moving forward, with Target’s Store Support Centre moving from North Geelong to a purpose-built brand new facility in Williams Landing, Melbourne within 18 months. Flexibility available for Melbourne-based team members in the interim, with temporary offices in place in Williams Landing and Melbourne CBD.
This role will work with the Target team to build the Procurement function to support the Supply Chain, Store Operations, Marketing, Corporate, HR & IT Services Departments.
The key function of the role includes managing the end-to-end procurement process (including developing procurement strategies), managing the RFx's process, negotiating commercial outcomes and contractual terms and conditions. The role will also include managing the contract database, which is crucial to maintaining control and governance over the contracted supplier base.
The successful candidate will therefore have;
- strong experience in a procurement function
- the ability to lead the procurement process on an end-to-end basis. This is a hands on role.
- the skill to analyse RFx responses and present the summarised data to the business for review.
- excellent negotiation skills and the ability to lead negotiations to get the maximum benefit and outcome for the business.
- confidence and experience in presentation of RFx results and opportunities to key stakeholders.
- the ability to exercise independent judgement, and work as an effective team member.
- demonstrated experience in influencing stakeholders in a consultative environment
- excellent oral and written communication skills with a passion to deliver results.
Your experience managing multiple projects at the same time is essential in ensuring that stakeholder expectations are met. You will have a natural ability to see the bigger picture and can analyse and interpret key information to gain the most profitable resolution for Target. CIPS recognised candidates will be highly regarded.
We operate at a fast pace, are highly results focussed and we all work collaboratively to ensure the continued success of our business and that we delight our customers every day! Our structure is non-hierarchical; our leaders are approachable and foster a culture that encourages innovation, creativity and autonomy.
- Exclusive Team member discounts at Target and other Wesfarmers Limited businesses such as Kmart, Coles and Officeworks
- Option to support various charities or actively participate in community initiatives or sponsorship
- Variety of financial, wellness and corporate partner discount programs
- Well established and highly regarded reward and recognition program
- Opportunity for eligible employees to salary sacrifice Wesfarmers shares
- Novated and Operating Lease option available for eligible employees
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend Back