Merchandise Buyer - Kidswear
Job no: 501548
Work type: Permanent Full-time
Location: VIC Metro
Categories: Merchandise - Buyer
It's an exciting time at Kmart, we are currently Australia's most profitable retailer and we have some big plans in place that will ensure our business continues to grow and be hugely successful! We are currently transforming our stores with the aim of significantly improving the customer journey and, with another 50 new stores in the pipeline and expansion into new markets, there has never been a better time to join this iconic retailer!
At Kmart, we are where families come first for the lowest prices on everyday items and our purpose is to make everyday living brighter for all our customers, every time and everywhere they shop with us.
Over the past few years we’ve revolutionised the way we buy and merchandise our product and have successfully transformed our business into one of Australia’s most successful discount department store retailers. Our focus is to deliver an exceptional own brand product whilst ensuring we maintain extraordinarily low prices whilst delivering great quality. Our Buying team, in partnership with our Designers and Planners are critical to the success of Kmart and we are currently seeking applications from experienced Buyers for an opportunity in our Kidswear business.
Based at our National Office in Mulgrave, as Kidswear Buyer at Kmart Australia, you will be responsible for driving growth in a specific category and your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Critical Path Process from design to production to pricing to store, all in collaboration with designers and planners.
- Custodian of customer insights relevant to your category to aid in identifying and delivering product ranging that targets our core customer needs.
- Direct management of one or two Buyer Assistants
- In conjunction with the Business Managers, develop and deliver strategic direction, as well as tactical merchandise plans, incorporating business plans and market trends.
- Assist in managing the financial plans to achieve sales, calculate income and stock turn.
- Ensure all merchandise conforms to quality standards and legal requirements whilst adhering to a low cost low price model.
- Manage the approved Kmart supplier relationships as well as regularly evaluate performance to ensure service level requirements are met.
To be successful for this role, you will ideally possess the following critical skills and experience;
- Prior experience in Apparel Merchandise Retail Buying (those with experience in Kidswear will be considered highly favourable) with a large volume retailer, ideally big box.
- Proven success driving category growth and delivering increased profit through development and delivery of private label ranging.
- Direct (ethical) Sourcing and Product Development experience having worked with Kidswear Apparel design and planning teams to bring a vision to life.
- Well-honed commercial skills combined with the ability to analyse customer’s needs, conduct market research and engage with our Customer Insights Team to establish effective merchandise strategies and develop on-trend ranges.
- People management experience of Junior Buyers or Buying Assistants
- Success oriented, you thrive in a team environment and enjoy being able to contribute to a business where you can further drive growth.
You will benefit from joining an amazing business and a dynamic team who are all committed to the success of Kmart and providing our customers with a great shopping experience. Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you closely and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive. Your work environment will be highly collaborative, fast-paced and progressive, with no two days the same!
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, exceptional remuneration, an uncapped bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Coles, Target and Officeworks. So if this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend
Back to search results