It's an exciting time at Kmart, we are currently Australia's most profitable retailer and we have some big plans in place that will ensure our business continues to grow and be hugely successful! We are currently transforming a number of our stores across the network and, with another 50 new stores in the pipeline and expansion into new markets, there has never been a better time to join this iconic retailer!
The key to our success? Our vision where families come first for the lowest prices on everyday items. Our products and prices are IRRESISTIBLE and every day we do our outmost to exceed our customer expectations.
With a focus around our store layout and presentation, we now have an exciting opportunity in our Store Renewal team for an experienced Project Manager to lead major refurbishments projects across our Kmart store fleet for a 2-year fixed term contract.
Reporting to Senior Projects Manager, this role will see you working on specific projects end to end from implementation through to handover to our Store Operations team, ensuring sites are well managed, kept safe, free of hazards and that the projects are delivered in accordance with the approved procedures and specifications. Other key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Ensure ‘best practice’ processes and procedures are followed for successful delivery and stakeholder engagement
- Achieve cost efficiencies of total construction and fit-outs for refurbished stores
- Detailed Staging Plans have been completed and agreed to with Stores/Operations, and appropriate tracking measures and milestones are established;
- Manage Refit disruption programmes during site works to ensure minimal customer impact occurs
- Follow up to ensure suppliers deliver the required elements (Building, Kit, Signage, etc.) in a timely manner and to an acceptable quality
- Proactive management of risks, issues, and budgets occurs in conjunction with appropriate stakeholders
- OH&S compliance policies and procedures are adhered to at all stages of the project and integrated effectively into all aspects of new store and refurbishment projects until completion
- Working with internal and external stakeholders, you will deliver projects within budget at the highest quality and within established timeframes.
To be successful in securing this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in the Building, Construction Management or Architecture or equivalent Those candidates also with formal qualifications in Project Management will be considered highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Acts, Building Code of Australia and relevant Australian Standards applicable to construction and fit-out of retail stores
- Demonstrated experience in the client side Project Management of the construction and fit-out of retail stores, preferably to DDS or Department Store level
- Highly detailed organisational and planning skills combined with demonstrated ability to manage diverse and multi-disciplinary project teams
- Strong exposure to and understanding of a retail business environment and the trades/organisations associated with store fit-outs
- Demonstrated knowledge of local government approvals process including Development / Planning approvals and Building / Construction approvals
- Ability to co-ordinate, facilitate and manage project teams including but not limited to building contractors, trade sub-contractors, suppliers, consultants, lessor representatives, other external and internal stakeholders
- Flexibility and willingness to travel (both interstate and to NZ)
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a close knit team who are committed to an ethos of “Safety, Time, Cost and Quality” working within a fast paced, dynamic environment for one of Australia's most popular and successful retail brands.
Our culture is fun, positive, honest and professional. We treat each other equally, with respect and we like to keep things simple. We operate at a fast pace, are highly results focussed and we all work collaboratively to ensure the continued success of our business and that we delight our customers every day! Our structure is non-hierarchical; our leaders are approachable and foster a culture that encourages innovation, safety and autonomy.
We have a lot to offer our team members including great development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, generous bonus scheme and benefits program.
So if you have the required experience and our culture sounds like the right fit for you – don't miss this great opportunity to join Australia's most profitable retailer.
Phone screening and interviews will occur prior to the closing date of this advertisement.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies. Agencies - Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by a Recruitment team member.
To apply please upload your current resume and complete the online application form.